Sausage Potato Salad Recipe
“I like making this cool potato recipe on warm days. I reduced the oil quite a bit and added a little more honey mustard, giving it a richer taste. Sausage, too, adds good flavor to this hearty salad!” Ginette Starshak – Decatur, Illinois
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Scrub potatoes; place in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, honey mustard, vinegar and seasonings. Set aside. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage until heated through.
- Drain potatoes; cool slightly. Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place in a bowl. Add the onion, sausage and dressing; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p50
Reviews for Sausage Potato Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2011
I loved this and it was so easy. I served as an entrÃ©e also with a side of fresh green beans. I will definitely make this again.
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2009
This is delicious! I served it warm as an entree with salad (3 servings) It will be anew family favorite.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >