Sausage Potato Medley Recipe
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 437 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Medley
"We enjoyed this very much. Cooking the potatoes in advance made this a relatively quick meal."