Sausage Potato Medley Recipe
We raise our own meat and vegetables on our farm. I had few recipes that used sausage, so I developed this one. I tried it out when my Home Extension Club came for brunch, and everyone liked it and asked for the recipe.—Marie Clouse, Hope, Indiana
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 437 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 723 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC