We raise our own meat and vegetables on our farm. I had few recipes that used sausage, so I developed this one. I tried it out when my Home Extension Club came for brunch, and everyone liked it and asked for the recipe.—Marie Clouse, Hope, Indiana
Recommended: 25 Potluck Side Dishes to Feed a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Medley in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p100
Reviews forSausage Potato Medley
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"We enjoyed this very much. Cooking the potatoes in advance made this a relatively quick meal."