Sausage Potato Medley Recipe
We raise our own meat and vegetables on our farm. I had few recipes that used sausage, so I developed this one. I tried it out when my Home Extension Club came for brunch, and everyone liked it and asked for the recipe.Marie Clouse, Hope, Indiana
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Medley in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p100
Reviews for Sausage Potato Medley(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
We enjoyed this very much. Cooking the potatoes in advance made this a relatively quick meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >