- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan and egg; set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the spinach mixture, sausage mixture, white sauce and mozzarella. Layer with the remaining potatoes, spinach mixture, sausage mixture and white sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Lasagna
Sort By :
"I can't believe there aren't more reviews on this incredible dish! It's absolutely excellent and is on of our family favorites! We absolutely love this dish. It also freezes well! Try hot italian sausage...I use a full pound!!!!!!! You must try it!!!!"
"I have made this a few times already. I omitted the mushrooms. I also used a lot less of the white sauce (reduced it by at least half of the amount) because I found it too wet. My family loved it."