Sausage Potato Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan and egg; set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the spinach mixture, sausage mixture, white sauce and mozzarella. Layer with the remaining potatoes, spinach mixture, sausage mixture and white sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Lasagna
Sort By :
"I have made this a few times already. I omitted the mushrooms. I also used a lot less of the white sauce (reduced it by at least half of the amount) because I found it too wet. My family loved it."