- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 8 slices bread, toasted and cubed
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p135
Reviews for Sausage Potato Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review