Mashed potatoes and sausage are the deliciously different ingredients in this moist dressing. I've been using this recipe since the 1960s with no complaints from my family. —Germain Stank, Pound, Wisconsin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 8 slices bread, toasted and cubed
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p135
Reviews for Sausage Potato Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review