Sausage Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Casserole(15)
Sort By :
My husband loves this! To speed up cook time, I precook the potatoes in the microwave and then bake the casserole for 30 minutes in the oven.
We love this dish. The only change I make is using cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom.
This dish is a mainstay at our house. Excellent flavor indeed!!
I have made this once and am making it again tonight. It is a great dish and we just loved it. I did add some real bacon bits on top when added the cheese and used Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar which, in my opinion the BEST cheese in the world.(just so you know ha)
A super duper casserole!!
I made a few changes only because I had some different things on hand. I used fresh bulk kielbasa and a combo of smoked gruyere & mozzarella. I also pre-cooked the potatoes so I could shorten the baking time. I baked it about 30-40 mins so the onion would be soft. I thought it had a really nice combo of flavors and came together nicely. With a veg, it's a really nice meal.