Sausage Potato Casserole Recipe
This hearty casserole has become one of my family's favorites. It's easy to make and a delicious way to use sausage. I make it for brunch and often take it to potlucks.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- 2. In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 350 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC