Sausage Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- 2. In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Casserole
"A hearty dish that is simple and easy to make! I added in some mushrooms and garlic while cooking the sausage."
"perfect for fall"
"Have made this many times. I always have to double it cause they eat it like crazy"
"Simple & easy!"
"We love this dish. The only change I make is using cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom."
"This dish is a mainstay at our house. Excellent flavor indeed!!"
"I have made this once and am making it again tonight. It is a great dish and we just loved it. I did add some real bacon bits on top when added the cheese and used Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar which, in my opinion the BEST cheese in the world.(just so you know ha)A super duper casserole!!"
"I made a few changes only because I had some different things on hand. I used fresh bulk kielbasa and a combo of smoked gruyere & mozzarella. I also pre-cooked the potatoes so I could shorten the baking time. I baked it about 30-40 mins so the onion would be soft. I thought it had a really nice combo of flavors and came together nicely. With a veg, it's a really nice meal."
"Super easy, super deli!!"
"How long would you put this in a crockpot-anyone know?"
"I have 6 kids and they all liked it, said it was a keeper. I didn't have time to cook the potatoes in the casserole, so I boiled them first and then layered the ingredients as the recipe calls for, put in the oven, waited for the cheese to melt and *presto*!"
"Delicious!! The only changes I made were to omit the milk because I don't like runny sauces. Instead I added 1/3 cup of sour cream and 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the sauce was perfect, not thick and not runny. I also added a sprinkle of garlic and chicken base for added flavor. Big big hit with everyone, will definitely make again and again!"
"Delicious!! The only changes I made were to omit the milk because I don't like runny sauces. Instead I added 1/3 cup of sour cream and 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the sauce was perfect, not thick and not runny. I also added a sprinkle of garlic and chicken base for added flavor. Big big hit, we all loved it!"
"Very tasty casserole! I cook for my elderly parents and they love it, too."
"I've made this many times for company and have gotten compliments on it. I add more chesse and vary the type of cheese."
"Not a bad casserole, but it was too salty."