Sausage Potato Casserole
This hearty casserole has become one of my family's favorites. It's easy to make and a delicious way to use sausage. I make it for brunch and often take it to potlucks.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 35 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, salt
- and pepper.
- In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half the potatoes,
- soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are
- tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 350 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.