Sausage-Potato Bake Recipe
I not only make this dish for breakfast, but sometimes for a main meal. It's very good. You can substitute finely diced lean ham or crumbled turkey bacon for the sausage for a change of pace.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- Additional minced chives, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Arrange half the potatoes in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish; sprinkle with salt, pepper and half the sausage. Layer with remaining potatoes and sausage; sprinkle with pimientos.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, chives and thyme; pour over pimientos.
- 4. Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 202 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 407 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage-Potato Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC