- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine cornmeal and salt. Gradually add boiling water, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread polenta into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread over polenta; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Polenta Bake in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p164
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Polenta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2013
"Quick and tasty. I used store bought polenta and added a cup of sautéed mushrooms."