- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, zucchini, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, broth, dried basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil and pepper flakes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Pizza Soup
Sort By :
very taste, l used pork sausage, had it on hand.
very good. Even my daughter who is usually a vegetarian couldn't resist a bowl and has since kept saying how good this was. Maybe i can try to make it with vegan sausage & vegetable broth for her.
I used italian chicken sausage and added oregano and garlic. Delicious!
I made this for dinner tonight for my husband and I, with a few changes. I added a little bit of whole wheat rontini since I was making it to be a meal. I also added 2 teaspoons of oregano and about a teaspoon of garlic powder with the basil. I served it with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Very yummy this way! I loved that it made the perfect amount for the two of us with dinner rolls and a salad. It also went together very quickly :)
I did alter this recipe - I added elbow macaroni and I doubled the amount of turkey sausage. I also left out the water and just used the chicken broth. With those modifications I give this four stars!