Sausage Pizza Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups uncooked whole grain spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, mushrooms, green pepper and onion over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- 2. Stir in pasta, pizza sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 358 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Pizza Pasta
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.