- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups uncooked whole grain spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, mushrooms, green pepper and onion over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in pasta, pizza sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Pizza Pasta
Sort By :
"This dish only calls for 1 lb of sausage, and I used a 20-oz package. For hearty eaters, this turned out to only be enough for 3 people, instead of 6 servings. I had expected to have enough leftovers for a 2nd night. One member of my family would've liked more green pepper and more onion. Step #1 took twice as long to do even with frequent stirring--about 10 minutes. Step #2 also took longer, on account of the whole-grain pasta not being cooked within 10-15 minutes; I'd either pre-cook the pasta and add it near the end or allow more cooking time."