Sausage Pizza Loaf Recipe
Savory slices of this bread make a favorite Saturday night meal for my family. Just like pizza, it can be eaten as a fun finger food. Guests can't stop nibbling when I serve it at parties. Plus, it's good warm or cold.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine crust mixes; prepare according to package directions. With greased fingers, press onto the bottom of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Pizza Loaf
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2010
"Delicious and loved by everyone (both kids and adults)."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC