Savory slices of this bread make a favorite Saturday night meal for my family. Just like pizza, it can be eaten as a fun finger food. Guests can't stop nibbling when I serve it at parties. Plus, it's good warm or cold.
Featured In: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine crust mixes; prepare according to package directions. With greased fingers, press onto the bottom of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Pizza Loaf in Country Woman January/February 2004, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sausage Pizza Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2010
"Delicious and loved by everyone (both kids and adults)."