- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- With greased fingers, pat dough onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Or wrap pizza and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen pizza: Unwrap and place on a pizza pan; thaw in the refrigerator. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 slices.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Pizza
Sort By :
"It had good taste from all the toppings but why do you say to put the raw bread dough on an ungreased pan? I had to soak the pan and then chisel the very burned crust off my very nice pizza pan!"
"I used to make my own pizzas & used frozen bread dough. Question: How did you prevent the dough from sticking to an ungreased pan? Only once I forgot & had to chisel the pizza out of the pan. Never forgot again!"