Sausage Pilaf Recipe
I received this recipe from my mother years ago, and it's been a family favorite ever since. Pork sausage really bulks up ordinary rice pilaf for fantastic flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage, celery, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. stir in soup, milk, pimientos, rice, poultry seasoning and salt.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC