Sausage Pilaf Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage, celery, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. stir in soup, milk, pimientos, rice, poultry seasoning and salt.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 204 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Sausage Pilaf
"Tasted good (without the pimientos and bread crumbs and butter), but I would double the rice and increase the liquid a little. There was just too much meat to rice and veggie ratio for our taste."