- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage, celery, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. stir in soup, milk, pimientos, rice, poultry seasoning and salt.
- Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Pilaf in Country Pork 1996, p19
Reviews for Sausage Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2009
"Tasted good (without the pimientos and bread crumbs and butter), but I would double the rice and increase the liquid a little. There was just too much meat to rice and veggie ratio for our taste."