- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage, celery, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. stir in soup, milk, pimientos, rice, poultry seasoning and salt.
- Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Pilaf in Country Pork 1996, p19
Reviews for Sausage Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2009
"Tasted good (without the pimientos and bread crumbs and butter), but I would double the rice and increase the liquid a little. There was just too much meat to rice and veggie ratio for our taste."