Sausage Pierogi Skillet Recipe
“I made this simple recipe one night when I hadn’t planned anything for dinner," writes Susan Held from Cooksville, Maryland. "It’s convenient because it uses items I usually have on hand. Plus, there’s hardly any cleanup!”
- 1 package (16.9 ounces) frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat,cook sausage in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until coleslaw is wilted. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- 2. In another large skillet, heat remaining butter and oil. Drain pierogies; add to skillet. Cook and stir until browned; add the sausage mixture and toss to coat. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 5 servings.
2 cups equals 411 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,379 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC