- 1 package (16.9 ounces) frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook pierogies according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat,cook sausage in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes longer or until coleslaw is wilted. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In another large skillet, heat remaining butter and oil. Drain pierogies; add to skillet. Cook and stir until browned; add the sausage mixture and toss to coat. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Pierogi Skillet
"looks good tastes even better"
"Great tasting and so easy to make! It is a big hit!"
"One of our favorite meals! We use potato/cheese pierogies, and I often don't brown them before adding to the sausage and cabbage mix. My husband loves it with mustard. So easy and so delicious!"
"Very easy and great tasting."
"Very easy, quick, and delicious. Because of the comments, I used 2 cloves of garlic and some dijon mustard (2 tsp?). wonderful."