Sausage Pie Recipe
- 16 fresh Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 to 5 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place sausages on a rack in a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink. Cut into 1-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Add the sausages and the next eight ingredients.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Pie
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe exactly, and I love all the ingredients individually, but something didn't jive well for me and this casserole. I was not a fan. Not sure why...it just was not pleasant for my palate."
"We enjoyed this for dinner last night. I used five Italian sausage links and added a few cloves of fresh garlic and some chopped onion. Plenty of veggies in it for us - none of them came out of my garden, but they came outta somebody's garden LOL..."
"I added more vegetables and about 5 extra herbs. Even so, my family sprinkled Tabasco sauce all over it and said it was not a keeper."
"This recipe is a heavenly comfort food I will be making again and again! Oustanding recipe!"
"I thought this recipe was really great and easy, nice change from using ground beef. I added a little more green pepper since I had extra in my garden."