Sausage Pepper Skillet Recipe
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound reduced-fat turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers, onion and garlic in 1/4 cup salad dressing for 5 minutes. Add sausage and remaining dressing; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with soy sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 222 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,556 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer