Sausage Pepper Sandwiches Recipe
Peppers and onions add a fresh taste to this zippy sausage filling for sandwiches. "My mother gave me this recipe," recalls Suzette Gessel of Albuquerque, New Mexico. "It's simple to assemble, and it's gobbled up quickly."
- 6 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hoagie or submarine sandwich buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage links over medium heat. Cut into 1/2-in. slices; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the green pepper, onion, tomato sauce and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Use a slotted spoon to serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 965 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Pepper Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC