Sausage-Peach Puff Pancake
"My husband - who is not a big sweets eater - often requests this hearty dish. Peaches add a touch of fruity flavor to the savory sausage," writes Nicole Clayton from Las Vegas, Nevada. "It's a nice combination."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 to 10 Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/3 cup pancake syrup
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in
- a large blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt;
- cover and process until smooth.
- Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour
- batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until
- pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the peaches, syrup and nutmeg. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until
- sausage and peaches are coated with syrup. Spoon into pancake. Serve