Sausage-Peach Puff Pancake Recipe
"My husband - who is not a big sweets eater - often requests this hearty dish. Peaches add a touch of fruity flavor to the savory sausage," writes Nicole Clayton from Las Vegas, Nevada. "It's a nice combination."
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 to 10 pork sausage links, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/3 cup pancake syrup
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in a large blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peaches, syrup and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until sausage and peaches are coated with syrup. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage-Peach Puff Pancake
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2011
"Very good and easy. Made it with fresh peaches and crumbled Bob Evans because that is what I had. Pancake was very light and tasted great."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC