"My husband - who is not a big sweets eater - often requests this hearty dish. Peaches add a touch of fruity flavor to the savory sausage," writes Nicole Clayton from Las Vegas, Nevada. "It's a nice combination."
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 to 10 pork sausage links, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/3 cup pancake syrup
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in a large blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peaches, syrup and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until sausage and peaches are coated with syrup. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Peach Puff Pancake in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p18
Reviews for Sausage-Peach Puff Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2011
"Very good and easy. Made it with fresh peaches and crumbled Bob Evans because that is what I had. Pancake was very light and tasted great."