I made this for our pastors one night. They loved it so much we nicknamed it “Jason’s Pasta.” It’s a sneaky way to get them to eat more veggies. —Suzie Foutty Mansfield, Ohio
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; remove from the heat. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Pasta with Vegetables in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p54
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Pasta with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review