- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; remove from the heat. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sausage Pasta with Vegetables
Sort By :
Mmmm-definitely use the cheese! Omitted the mushrooms & used Trader Joe's Italian Chicken sausage w/red & green peppers with about 10 spinach leaves-fussy hubby. He put sriracha sauce on his.
Made with Sweet Italian Turkey sausage but I bet would be tasty with Hot Sausage as well. Very yummy, light and great with a salad.
Made this tonight using a sweet Italian turkey sausage and my husband and I really enjoyed it very much. Next time we might try using a spicy turkey sausage just to add a bit of kick. We also didn't think the cheese really added much to the dish so will leave out next time. This will be made again and again. Super simple, quick and great flavor!