- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 4 cups water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water, spaghetti sauce, beans, summer squash, carrots, red pepper and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the pasta, peas, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sausage Pasta Stew
Sort By :
This recipe is delicous! I served it with crushed red pepper because my husband and I like things spicy. Thank you for the recipe!
This crockpot meal was easy and delicious! I served it with red pepper flanks because my husband and I like things spicy. I definitely will be making this again!
This is a great recipe! I've made it with turkey sausage and regular Italian sausage and it is so full of flavor. Family loves it!