- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 4 cups water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water, spaghetti sauce, beans, summer squash, carrots, red pepper and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the pasta, peas, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Pasta Stew
"Really good and easy too! Hubby and I really enjoyed this. I used hot Italian sausage, mushroom onion marinara and black beans instead of kidney (oops!). Don't think the sugar is necessary really, but this was so good. Will definitely make again."
"This recipe is delicous! I served it with crushed red pepper because my husband and I like things spicy. Thank you for the recipe!"
"This crockpot meal was easy and delicious! I served it with red pepper flanks because my husband and I like things spicy. I definitely will be making this again!"
"This is a great recipe! I've made it with turkey sausage and regular Italian sausage and it is so full of flavor. Family loves it!"
"Yum-- everyone loved it!"