Sausage Pasta Skillet
“Here is a recipe I made up one night when I came home from work with no plan for supper,“ writes Patricia Weller from Emmitsburg, Maryland. “My kids really loved it and we’ve had it many times since.“ TIP: Iced tea and a side salad or garlic bread rounds out this hearty meal-on-the-double.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 5 Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, remove casings
- from sausage; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown the
- sausage; drain. Drain the pasta. Add pasta and tomatoes to the
- skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 313 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 818 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.