Sausage Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 5 Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, remove casings from sausage; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown the sausage; drain. Drain the pasta. Add pasta and tomatoes to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 313 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 818 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.