Sausage Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 3 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain and rinse pasta in cold water. Cut pasta into 3-in. pieces. Stir the pasta, sausage and spaghetti sauce into meat mixture.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (prepared with smoked turkey kielbasa and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 303 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Pasta Casserole
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.