“This recipe is so flexible,” says Shirley Howden of Essexville, Michigan. “You can use beef or Italian sausage, and your favorite vegetables and cheese.” It's also easy to double for company.
- 3 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain and rinse pasta in cold water. Cut pasta into 3-in. pieces. Stir the pasta, sausage and spaghetti sauce into meat mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Pasta Casserole in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sausage Pasta Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review