Sausage Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Mushroom
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the pasta, sausage mixture, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-8 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 465 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,146 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.