Sausage Pancakes Recipe
These fluffy pancakes are an easy way to fill up the kids before school or anytime.—Barbara Downey, Preston, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups pancake syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle;
- 3. turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 602 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,110 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC