These fluffy pancakes are an easy way to fill up the kids before school or anytime.Barbara Downey, Preston, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking
- soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle;
- turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden
- brown. Serve with syrup.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 602 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,110 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.