Sausage Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups pancake syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle;
- 3. turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
3 each: 602 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Sausage Pancakes
"These were delicious, and definitely make enough for a little crowd! The sausage makes them so filling. Next time, I will add a little lemon juice and sugar to make the batter a bit lighter and fluffier."
"This was tasty. My family liked them. Definitely serves 6, maybe 7 or 8. I used maple flavored sausage to add even more maple flavor."