Sausage Over Rice Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add the tomato sauce, beans, water, garlic powder, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup sausage mixture with 2/3 cup rice (prepared with reduced-fat sausage) equals 410 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 957 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.