- 4 cups uncooked orecchiette or small tube pasta
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in broccoli and tomatoes. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage Orecchiette Pasta
"My family did not really care much for this dish! Regular Italian sausage should've been used for more flavor, and some herbs. The recipe called for way too much pasta."
"I agree with the lady that said it lacked spice. It was flavorless. IF I make it again (doubtful), I'd use pork sausage and canned tomatoes with oregano and basil. I have a ton of left overs that I will either have to doctor up or throw out."
"Everyone in my family enjoys this recipe. I double the recipe for our family and keep the leftovers in the fridge for my teenagers to heat up as a snack since they are always hunting for something good to eat. It's an easy and tasty recipe."
"This has become a regular dinner at my house. My husband and I love the flavor and how easy it is to make. The only thing we do differently is we usually use sliced sausage instead of ground."
"This was quick, easy, and flavorful! I did add a little kosher salt and pepper, but it really didn't need it. I also served this with rice instead of pasta. I will definitely make this again!"
"This was so quick and easy. The freshly grated parm cheese gives it a good flavor and I love that there is no added salt to this dish."