Sausage Onion Chili Recipe
When people request this recipe, they're surprised to see onion soup as an ingredient.—Denise VonStein, Shiloh, Ohio
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown sausage and beef; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings (about 1-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 409 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,286 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC