- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 breakfast turkey sausage links
- 1 slice (1 ounce) pepper Jack cheese
- 2 plain bagels (4 inches each), split
- Dash chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salsa
- 2 slices red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and cilantro; set aside. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, jalapeno, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook sausages over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. Pour egg mixture into the skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, place cheese over one side; fold omelet over cheese. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut omelet in half; place on bagel bottoms. Cut sausage links in half lengthwise; place over omelets. Sprinkle with chili powder. Top with salsa and onion. Spread cut side of bagel tops with mayonnaise mixture; place over onion. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Omelet Bagels in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Omelet Bagels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >