Sausage Noodle Supper Recipe
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green thinly sliced onions
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook carrots in butter for 2 minutes. Add sausage and onions; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in coleslaw mix; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Add water; bring to a boil.
- 2. Stir in noodles and sauce mix. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 7-9 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before serving. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Noodle Supper
"This was a great dish. My family fought over the leftovers. I cooked the sausage by itself until it carmalized and and added it at the end"
"The cabbage was crisp, noodles were not overcooked and the flavor was awesome."
"I have four kids and they all ate it with no complaints & some even had seconds. Baby loved it! LOTS OF FLAVOR! I hate cabbage and I loved it! So I would say you had 4 of us that gives you a 5 rating and 2 that gave you a 4. Coleslaw mix is package of cabbage & stuff minus the sauce. The quick-cooking noodles & sour cream & chive sauce mix we found by Pasta Roni but I swear I have also seen it by Lipton who I guess has been bought by Knorr now. We also used some junky smoked sausage that no one would eat alone and this masked it perfectly."
"I really liked this recipe. I could not find the sour cream and chives noodles either. I used a Hamburger Helper Stroganoff noodle mix and used the water and milk as directed on the package. Very good!"
"I would love to make this recipe. I live in the Sioux Falls Sd area and have looked at five grocery stores for the sour cream and chive noodle mix. I cannot find it. Any suggestions. For now I think I will use butter noodle mix and add some sour cream."
"I loved this one. I used regular egg noodles instead and cooked them first. It was great."