Sausage Noodle Supper
I can’t recall how I came up with this main dish, but it’s a staple in my house. With packaged coleslaw mix and noodles in a flavorful sauce, it’s always on the table in less than 30 minutes. I like to serve it with cheesy garlic toast for a hearty meal. –Mary Jo Nikolaus, Mansfield, Ohio
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green thinly sliced onions
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- In a large skillet, cook carrots in butter for 2 minutes. Add sausage
- and onions; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in coleslaw mix; cook 1-2
- minutes longer. Add water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and sauce mix. Return to a boil; cook and stir for
- 7-9 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Let
- stand for 2-3 minutes before serving. Yield: 3-4 servings.