Sausage Noodle Supper Recipe
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green thinly sliced onions
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- In a large skillet, cook carrots in butter for 2 minutes. Add sausage and onions; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in coleslaw mix; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Add water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and sauce mix. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 7-9 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before serving. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Noodle Supper(6)
Sort By :
This was a great dish. My family fought over the leftovers. I cooked the sausage by itself until it carmalized and and added it at the end
The cabbage was crisp, noodles were not overcooked and the flavor was awesome.
I have four kids and they all ate it with no complaints & some even had seconds. Baby loved it! LOTS OF FLAVOR! I hate cabbage and I loved it! So I would say you had 4 of us that gives you a 5 rating and 2 that gave you a 4. Coleslaw mix is package of cabbage & stuff minus the sauce. The quick-cooking noodles & sour cream & chive sauce mix we found by Pasta Roni but I swear I have also seen it by Lipton who I guess has been bought by Knorr now. We also used some junky smoked sausage that no one would eat alone and this masked it perfectly.
I really liked this recipe. I could not find the sour cream and chives noodles either. I used a Hamburger Helper Stroganoff noodle mix and used the water and milk as directed on the package. Very good!
I would love to make this recipe. I live in the Sioux Falls Sd area and have looked at five grocery stores for the sour cream and chive noodle mix. I cannot find it. Any suggestions. For now I think I will use butter noodle mix and add some sour cream.