Sausage Noodle Casserole Recipe
The sausage makes this casserole meaty and hearty, and the blue cheese adds a special flavor. It's easy to prepare, plus it only needs to bake for about 30 minutes.Julia Livingston, Frostproof, Florida
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the soup, sour cream and blue cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in the noodles, sausage, mushrooms, pimientos and green pepper.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Originally published as Sausage Noodle Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p158
Reviews for Sausage Noodle Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2010
we all liked this one but i did skip the blue cheese as im not a fan we added corn to it as well. will def make this a reg meal in our menu