Sausage Mushroom Soup
After trying this soup in a restaurant, I went home to make it myself.—Twiila Maxwell, Fort Myers, Florida.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables and barley
- are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 196 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.