Sausage Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 196 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Soup
"Home from work today and made this soup. For a quick and easy lunch, you can't go wrong with this one!! It is delicious. I used sweet Italian sausage made at our local market and it really made this soup taste great!"