After trying this soup in a restaurant, I went home to make it myself.—Twiila Maxwell, Fort Myers, Florida.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p139
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2012 Edited Mar. 2, 2014
"Home from work today and made this soup. For a quick and easy lunch, you can't go wrong with this one!! It is delicious. I used sweet Italian sausage made at our local market and it really made this soup taste great!"