After trying this soup in a restaurant, I went home to make it myself.—Twiila Maxwell, Fort Myers, Florida.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p139
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2012 Edited Mar. 2, 2014
"Home from work today and made this soup. For a quick and easy lunch, you can't go wrong with this one!! It is delicious. I used sweet Italian sausage made at our local market and it really made this soup taste great!"