Sausage Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 frozen deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green pepper and onion; sprinkle into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Mushroom Quiche in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2013
Awesome! Substituted fresh mushrooms because I hand them on hand. Next time I'll make two quiches for my family of 6 . Everyone wanted seconds!