- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 frozen deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green pepper and onion; sprinkle into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Quiche
Sort By :
"Very easy and very yummy! We all 3 loved it; including our 14 month old toddler."
"Awesome! Substituted fresh mushrooms because I hand them on hand. Next time I'll make two quiches for my family of 6 . Everyone wanted seconds!"
"Sorry, slice the mushrooms, and grate the zuccinni....about 2 zuccinni's, and however many musher's you like!! Just like onions.Also, add any and all spices you like....Oregano, cumin, curry, whatever!!! Have FUN with it!"
"Add extra spices...........oregano, real onion (don't have to saute), fresh mushers, zuccinni.....etc!! It's the best!"
"This was so easy to make and it turned out perfect!! I have made it twice in the last three weeks and it has been a hit both times!!"