Sausage Mushroom Pie
A ready-to-bake pie shell speeds along the preparation of this delicious, hearty brunch dish. It's really satisfying during the cold winter months.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spinach and mushrooms.
- Combine eggs and mozzarella cheese; fold into sausage mixture. Spoon
- into pastry shell.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheddar cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.