Sausage Mushroom Pie Recipe
A ready-to-bake pie shell speeds along the preparation of this delicious, hearty brunch dish. It's really satisfying during the cold winter months.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spinach and mushrooms. Combine eggs and mozzarella cheese; fold into sausage mixture. Spoon into pastry shell.
Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC