- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 28 cups day-old bread cubes (about 3 pounds sliced bread)
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute the mushrooms, onion, celery and garlic in the drippings and butter until tender. Stir in the sage, salt and pepper.
- In several large bowls, combine the mushroom mixture, bread cubes, sausage, broth and bacon; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 casseroles (12-16 servings each).
Reviews for Sausage Mushroom Dressing
"[quote user="Vermonter01"]where does the saqusage enter the recipe?? [/quote] It's listed in the second bullet of the directions."
"where does the saqusage enter the recipe??"
"I have made this dressing for many, many years and it is wonderful every time. Only, I fry my dressing, my grandmother taught me to do this. My children will not eat dressing any other way."