- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside pastry trimmings. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, 1/2 cup cranberries, cream, parsley and reserved sausage and mushrooms. Pour into pastry.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out reserved pastry trimmings. Cut decorative cutouts from trimmings using cookie cutters. Place over filling. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set and golden brown. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cranberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Mushroom Cranberry Tart in Jimmy Dean® 2010
Reviews for Sausage-Mushroom Cranberry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review