Sausage-Mushroom Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with 2 cups sausage mixture and half of the cheese and tomatoes. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.