From Ludlow, Massachusetts, Diane Babbitt writes, “My mom shared this delicious recipe when I needed to bring a dish to a breakfast potluck. Everyone loved it.”
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with 2 cups sausage mixture and half of the cheese and tomatoes. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Mushroom Breakfast Bake in Taste of Home April/May 2006
Reviews for Sausage-Mushroom Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review